Who should apply?
- You can understand business requirements and context, and ensure that tests truly support them
- We’re strong believers in TDD, and you should be too
- You understand feature branches, version control and Git, including releases, tags, and CI pipelines
- You will be able to work with Cypress and contribute to an existing code base under version control
- You’ll like working independently but be ready and willing to contribute to a highly skilled, agile team
- You’ll have strong experience as a QA Tester on live, mission critical projects
- You’ll be confident writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- You’ll be evangelical about documenting and troubleshooting errors, and regression testing after the fact
- You’ll have good knowledge of automated testing processes
- You’ll be organised and a problem-solver by nature and care deeply about getting the details right
- As we're a remote-first organisation you’ll need excellent writing skills – we’re in Slack all day
- Communication skills are a vital part of this project, so you’ll be fluent in English and be comfortable – and enjoy – working with clients and a wide range of engineering specialists.
What will your day-to-day look like?
If you're working on a client project, you'll be part of a small team, responding to client requests and implementing them.
If you're running a new project for our data business, you'll be building data systems from scratch, working closely with our Founder and assisting with API and data pipeline development where required.
Who are Tech City Labs?
- We’re a developer-led data engineering and consulting company
- We’re a friendly, collaborative and supportive team with a culture of development excellence
- We value the differences our people bring
- We are committed to remote working - we do get together at least quarterly so you should be prepared to travel occasionally to Reading or other exotic destinations (all expenses covered)
- We practice and preach sound development practices - we hope you’ll learn and grow working with us, and we’ll learn from you, too
- We have a no-drama office policy. We value and cultivate enjoyable working relationships among team members
Competitive salary based on experience
Remote (~ quarterly office visits)
(UTC) London +/-2 hours
Company Benefits Include
Team get togethers
To do something fun, honestly! Approx. every 3 months, all expenses paid
Your choice of tools
Macbook etc provided
Co-working space or Office equipment paid for
Annual performance based bonus
Tech City Teams helps businesses innovate and deliver digital transformation. Our consultants, engineers and data analysts are always ready to help with software, data engineering and IT projects. Whether it's one expert to solve a specific problem or a whole team to deliver new capabilities, we have it covered.
Tech City Teams is building its network of IT experts and specialist consultants. We're not a recruitment agency and we're not a body shop. We want to create an environment where our people can develop their skills, work on challenging real-world problems and deliver game-changing results for our clients. If Tech City Teams sounds like somewhere that would let you flourish and grow, let's talk.