Who should apply?
- You’ll need 6+ years of experience working with Python and an interest in data engineering
- Communication skills are vital: you'll need to be comfortable - and enjoy - working with clients and understanding complex requirements
- As a remote-first business, excellent writing skills are essential: we're in Slack all-day
- We’re strong believers in TDD (with Pytest) and you should be too
- Experience working with AWS is a bonus, and being comfortable on the command line is a must
- Must enjoy the challenge of getting stuck into architecture
- You’ll enjoy working independently but can contribute to the small, agile teams in which we operate as needed
- You’ll be fluent in English, and preferably based in the UK or have experience working in the UK
What will your day-to-day look like?
If you're working on a client project, you'll be part of a small team, responding to client requests and implementing them.
If you're running a new project for our data business, you'll be building data systems from scratch, working closely with our Founder and assisting with API and data pipeline development where required.
Some examples of recent projects include:
Building data transformations using dbt (http://getdbt.com)
Creating an API using the Serverless framework (https://www.serverless.com) and deploying to AWS
Setting up the infrastructure to track changes in a database and deliver via web sockets in real-time
Writing data pipelines to parse GIS data into PostGIS (https://postgis.net/)
Technologies we use
We understand that good developers can pick up any well-designed technology quickly, so we don’t require specific experience other than Python. If you join us, you can expect to be working with some of the following:
A whole range of AWS services
Competitive salary based on experience
Remote (~ quarterly office visits)
(UTC) London +/-2 hours
Company Benefits Include
Team get togethers
To do something fun, honestly! Approx. every 3 months, all expenses paid
Your choice of tools
Macbook etc provided
Co-working space or Office equipment paid for
Annual performance based bonus
Tech City Teams helps businesses innovate and deliver digital transformation. Our consultants, engineers and data analysts are always ready to help with software, data engineering and IT projects. Whether it's one expert to solve a specific problem or a whole team to deliver new capabilities, we have it covered.
Tech City Teams is building its network of IT experts and specialist consultants. We're not a recruitment agency and we're not a body shop. We want to create an environment where our people can develop their skills, work on challenging real-world problems and deliver game-changing results for our clients. If Tech City Teams sounds like somewhere that would let you flourish and grow, let's talk.